BRIEF: Skoda Auto was re-launching its top selling hatchback, Skoda Fabia in October 2010. With tons of new stylish features and aggressive price point, Skoda Fabia was being touted as the next supermodel on the roads.
The internet usage landscape had altered dramatically between 2007, when Fabia was first launched, and 2010. Social Media had gained preference over search & email because that’s where users spent most of their time. Facebook & Twitter were now the next big hotspots for reaching out to consumers.
IDEA: Keeping the fashionista image in mind, the website was made to look like a photo-shoot with the car as a fashion diva.
And to compliment the look-n-feel of the website, all site elements were borrowed from a photo shoot studio:
- The site pre-loader was a camera range finder
- Navigation & backdrop sections were modelled on a photo shoot studio
- A camera click, a key fashion sound element, was also incorporated into the navigation
- The photo studio visuals and sounds helped Skoda Auto communicate the brand essence of fashion & style.
To reach out to consumers on Facebook & Twitter, a Fab Ride contest was held where users could post their comments for the car which then scrolled across the website. Visitors got a snapshot of what users were saying for the new Skoda Fabia through scrollers.FB/Twitter being integrated into the Skoda Fabia website started the trend of integrating Social Media into Automobile websites in India.
- Website page-views – 40,000 visitors everyday during the campaign period
- 12% of the visitors joined & shared the FAB Ride from the site itself
- 2011: Bronze Metal – Automotive, Campaign India Digital Media Awards
2011 – Campaign India Digital Media Awards : Bronze Metal – Automotive